Hello, and here is what's happening.
MY PASSION FOR HISTORY AND AVIATION
I'd like to mention I am writing a book about the early years of aviation in British Columbia. This work has been ongoing for a few years now and I mention it in case any of you are interested in our aviation history. The book is entirely focused on events prior to 1931 which was the year that the city of Vancouver opened its second airport on Sea Island. Feel free to contact me if you have any information or photgraphs that you think might be of interest; just click on the "CONTACT BRIAN" link on the far left of the screen. Brian
MY NEXT SHOW:
As the president of the West Fine Art Show Society, I am thrilled to be presenting our next show on September-20-22, 2019. This is certainly our most popular show of the year and is staged at Glass House Estate Winery in south Langley, where our nineteen featured artists will simply amaze you. Take a look at our show poster below and click on the poster to go to www.westart.ca for more details and exciting cameo-displays on each artist. I hope to see you all at the "WEST"!
Just click the poster to go to the West Fine Art Show website.
PAST SHOWs AND EVENTS:
May, 2019 was our fifth year at Cloverdale Rodeo. With 19 featured artists in attendance over 4 days. Thousands of visitors kept us very busy and we thank you all for visiting; it was a great show.
March, 2019 was the second annual early spring show. This is a lovely show and well attended and already plans are in place to do it again in 2020. Many thanks to our partners and especaly the Langley School District Foundation.
Sept. 2018 show at Glass House Winery was simply fantastic and thanks to everyone who came out to see the 18 artists who exhibited!
May, 2018, I was at the West Fine Art Show in our fourth year at Cloverdale Rodeo and Country Fair. In the five days of the show our 18 artists hosted thousands of visitors.
March, 2018, I was at the West Fine Art Show at Yorkson Creek and we hosted 23 wonderful artists for that fabulous three-day show.
October 25, 2017, I was guest speaker at Maple Ridge Historical Society on. I presented a visual journey of my art work and demonstrated how my palet of colors evolved to include history and research.
September, 2017 I spoke at the Canadian Museum of Flight. The presentaion, "Pilot with a Paintbrush" colourized the past 20 years of painting and how history and art created a flight path that sent me writing about the history of aviaiton in British Columbia.
November 20, 2015 I was at the Abbotsford Gallery 5:00 - 8:00pm along with four other fantastic artists; details below:
|August 21-23, 2015 I was at the West Fine Art Show at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley.
This was our (West Fine Art Show) second year at this fabulous venue and we had an outstanding line-up of artists.
May 15-18, 2015 was my first time at the Cloverdale Rodeo with the West Fine Art
Show which I co-produce. We received an exceptional welcome from the Cloverdale
Rodeo team and the show was a fabulous event. Red Robinson joined us at our opening
reception and along with Grace McCarthy, who spoke passionately about CH.I.L.D.
|Sept 5-7, 2014 I was at the West Fine Art Show which was hosted at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley. This was my fifth year of working to organize this great show. We had over 20 of the finest artists in the West. A portion of art sales were directed to the Langley Hospice Society.
|Sept 13-14 2014 I was at the West Fine Art Show hosted by Trev Deeley Motorcycles located at 1875 Boundary Road in Vancouver. This is the first year for this show. It was partnered with the CH.I.L.D. Foundation and a portion of art sales were directed to the CH.I.L.D Foundation.
November 3, 2013 I was at Willowbrook Gallery in Willowbrook Mall, Langley. It was a very busy time signing prints and sharing historical memories.
October 26, 2013 I was at GS & Company Gallery in Semiahmoo Mall in Whiterock meeting folks and signing prints. Thanks to all of you who dropped by.
October 4 thru 17, 2013 I was "Artist in Residence" at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver. It was great to meet and speak with so many of you; thanks for being there.
July 11 - Sept 8, 2013 I was invited to exhibit 33 of my original paintings at The Reach Gallery Museum in Abbotsford. Attendance at the Reach coincidentaly soared that summer.
||Sept 6, 7 and 8, 2013
West Fine Art Show in Surrey BC.
Sept 5, 2013 I was guest speaker at the Reach Gallery Museum in Abbotsford talking about my artistic journey.
June 3, 2013 The Davie Art Shop began selling my work at 1242 Davie Street in Vancouver
May 11, 2013 Speaking Engagement: I presented: "History and Art, My Journey"
Surrey Museum and Archives, Surrey, BC
September 15, 2012 Abbotsford Art Gallery
This was my print launch for Abbotsford - 1922
33286 South Fraser Way, Unit 2, Abbotsford, B.C.
Phone 604 853 8828 or click this link: www.abbotsfordartgallery.com
September 7, 8, 9, 2012 The West Fine Art Show in south Surrey.
This was my print launch for "Chinatown - 1960" with Red Robinson officiating.
Please visit www.westart.ca for more information about our 2013 show in September.
- April 26, 2012. I spoke to the Maple Ridge Heritage Society at 22289 116th Ave. in Maple Ridge, B.C.
- April 16, 2012, I was asked to speak to the very active artist club, "Artswest" at the Newton CultuCenter, 13530 72Ave. Surrey, BC.
- April 6 thur 12, 2012, I was "Artist in Residence" at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver with a large display in the hotel lobby during that period. On Saturday and Sunday, April 7 and 8, I was in the hotel between 10am and 5pm working on my next original, "Chinatown". Thank you to The Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for hosting me on that occassion. This amazing hotel is located at 791 West Georgia StVancouver, Canada.
- October 16, 2011.. I was at Heritage Park in Chilliwack between 10am - 4pm. This is the amazing Mount Cheam Lions Train and Hobby Show so make sure you bring the kids and grandchildren; you will thank me. To find the show, take exit 116 off Hwy 1.
- On September 24, 2011 I was hosted by Willowbrook Art This was the official print release of "Stanley Park Junction". I would like to thank all of you who attended and for those of you who took home several "Theatre Row - 1962", the impressively large"Theatre Row, Hastings - 1926" , and the large "Vancouver Bus Terminal", I know you find many hours of enjoyment with these historic images.
- September 16 - 18. 2011 I launched my latest limited edition print, "Capitol Theatre, Granville St. - 1956", a 1956 night scene on Granville Street of the occasion of Elvis Presley’s first movie debut in “Love Me Tender”; On that date, Red Robinson was on stage as MC.
The print launch and unveiling was held at the opening ceremony of The West is Best Fine Art Show; this annual three day show was hosted by Senator Gerry St. Germain at his ranch in Surrey, B.C. Red Robinson was front and center at the show opening and gave the audience an enchanting account of his day on stage at the Capitol Theatre on Granville before unveiling the print.
- May 8, 2011. It was great being featured artist and meeting everyone at the Grand Opening of the new GS & Co. Gallery at Scottsdale Centre.
- April, 2010. Thanks to Abbotsford Art Gallery for featuring my work at the Grand Opening on April 16th - Congratulations to Hong, artist and new owner/manager for her hospitality and for establishing such a wonderfull gallery.
- Fall, 2010. "Theatre Row - 1950" is sold out.
- Fall, 2010. My newest release is "Theatre Row, Granville St. - 1962"; We have sold over 100 prints to date.
- Fall, 2010. Two other new prints are now in galleries: "Cloverdale - 1913" and "Aristocratic Drive-in - 1958"
- Park and Tilford Gallery in North Vancouver - Congratulations to the new owners, Scott and Helena. Scott has been busy with my new release "Theatre Row, Granville - 1962". This gallery is the leading sales location for my two popular North Vancouver prints, "Lonsdale Quay-1919" and "North Vancouver Ferry-1929". Another popular and very romantic image is "Wigwam Inn 1913".
- April 4th, 2011. The City of Surrey honoured me with a "Friends of Heritage Award" for my research and production of the artwork "Cloverdale - 1913". Pictured below is Mayor Dianne Watts and members of Surrey City Council making the presentation.